Translate this page
Flint Hill Elementary School opened its doors as a ten room school on September 6, 1955, serving the growing community of children residing in Vienna. Additions in 1960 and 1969 doubled the school's capacity and, in 1977, a new boundary of Oakton families was added.
The entire school was improved by a major facility renovation in May 1994 and recognized for an "Excellence in Design" award in September. A large courtyard has become the focus for extensive environmental science study and our Get2Green program.
Recognizing that excellence in education is a process, not a product, guides us in providing an enriching educational environment for all our children. The FCPS Program of Studies is implemented at each grade level honoring individual learning styles and recognizing the individual and social needs of the developing child. An attitude of "partnership" encourages student, staff, parent and community cooperation so that students can acquire and apply the knowledge and skills necessary to become well-adjusted, contributing members of our society.